Friday 12 September 2014

Poem: Pierce the veil

I long had walked upon the trail,
O’er barren fields and rocky hills,
A drive in me to pierce the veil
And find a balm to ease my ills.

I ventured asking what is right,
Amid a world of wailing noise --
A newly opened eye to light,
An ear that seeks a conq’ring voice.

But here I stand, my will confused;
The end is far and out of sight.
With what soul was my life infused,
For which I still have need to fight?

For what solution do I seek –
What purpose spurs the flame of life?
What heart upholds my flesh, though weak
And weary passing mortal strife?

I’d only ask, for none too soon
Could fabled answers come to me.
I cannot say if bane or boon
Would at the end be what to see.

So while I walk, I pray I may
Continue searching life for truth.
Thus, when it comes - the final day –
I’d say fulfilled had been my youth.

---

This is an old poem I rather liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment